Saturday, June 16, 2007

I Wanna Go Home

I’never seen you at the beach.
I’ve never seen your hair dripping salt water.
Outside of that, there is so much I miss about you,
Things that far outnumber what I could in a poem recall.
Nights at the terrace sharing stars.
You dressing gloves and wool socks
and still feeling cold under blankets
and nothing I could do to warm you.
We getting home drunk from some crazy night
And making love like there was nothing else
We would ever like to do. And we didn’t .
The blinking of your big eyes when
You’d suddenly wake up looking at me
Like I was first thing in your morning
(And morning could be night and
time would stretch itself as we did
with our bodies.)
The way you did walk, weightless,
From bed to bathroom,
Your slender figure cruising barefoot the tiles
While I would look at you always amazed,
Always,like I would today, ever for the first time.
So much more I would like to tell
But I’m just getting home
Though I don’t know quite where home is.
Home could be where you are.
Home could be you.
But it isn’t.

(zé eduardo)

No comments:

Post a Comment